2023 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at VIRginia International Raceway Powered by Hagerty
- March 10, 2023 - 05:00 PM EST to March 12, 2023 - 05:00 PM EST
- National Tour, Time Trial
The Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour invites you to come experience the fun and excitement of competing on track with likeminded enthusiasts. From beginner to seasoned track veterans, these events are a home for anyone that considers themselves a driving enthusiast. And when the track goes quiet, the good times continue with the off-track social activities featuring food, fun, and friends! Camping at the track is encouraged, friends and family are welcome, and food and drink are available on site. Come join in on the good times!
Referred to by Paul Newman as "Heaven on earth", Virginia International Raceway will kick of the 2023 Time Trials National Tour. This awesome event will have a bit of everything for all car/driving enthusiast! The 2023 TTNT @ VIR will feature:
- Full weekends worth of Time Trials competition! 2 Practice sessions on Sat morning, followed by 6 more sessions to get your fastest laps in! Each drivers final score will come from combining the best times from three sets of sessions. Groups will be built by experience for practice, then all non-novice drivers will be combined and re-grouped by lap time allowing for a better opportunity to get your best lap in!
- Two opportunities to participate in a Track Day! Want to drive on track, but want to keep it casual? The Track Day events are offered separately on Saturday and Sunday, with each driver getting 3 twenty minute sessions on track. Want to do both days? No problem! Sign up for both and double your fun! "But what if I am signed up for the Time Trials? Can I still do the track day, too?!" Absolutely! Do all three!
- A car show brought to you by !! Driver Motorsports, known for their award winning R32 GTR at SEMA 2022, will be onsite hosting a car show on Saturday that will bring some of the coolest cars east of the Mississippi to VIR!
- Want to experience being on track, but don't have your car yet? Or maybe you just want more seat time? Try out the Sim Racing brought to you by !! Their mobile virtual racing game truck has four sim racing cockpits that offer a realistic racing game experience.
- Have a Corvette or "Twin"? Then you have multiple ways to compete within the event!! If you are a Corvette owner, you can participate with the National Council of Corvette Clubs by ! If you own a Subaru/Scion/Toyota "Twin" you can join in on the "86 Cup"!
- We will also be joined by our good friends from Racing for ALS! They will be around to talk to you about some of the amazing progress they've made by using motorsports as a vessel to raise funding and awareness to help cure this terrible disease. Please plan to stop by and speak to them on-site, and for more information, please check out
Of course the usual TTNT festivities will be included! The Hagerty Social Dinner, the paddock parties with your Time Trials friends and family.. maybe even a game of Four Square!
Registration for the Time Trials and Track Day events opens on Friday, Jan 6th at 7pm EST. Space will be limited for both, so sign up early to make sure you have a spot!! Cap has been raised to 140! Only a few spots left, so sign up soon!
Time Trials Entry Fee: $425.00 (Annual SCCA Membership required)*
Track Day Entry Fee: $220.00 per day. (Annual SCCA Membership not required)
* If you don't have your own AMB or Westhold compatible transponder, you will need to add a rental transponder.
Those who want to experience the action, excitement and festivities of a Time Trials National Tour are not limited to drivers. Tech Officials, Timing and Scoring gurus and more are welcome at the event and at the parties. Helping as a volunteer, worker or officials costs nothing and those interested can apply by using the link below.